Here are some great guidelines for taking a group yoga class:
- Arrive on time. We all run into traffic or other distractions occasionally; please make every attempt to be in the class space, on your mat, 5 minutes before the start time.
- Yoga class is not the time to chat loudly. Be considerate of the others in the class and keep noise and comments to a minimum. (Unless otherwise directed by the teacher)
- If you borrow a mat, be sure to wipe it clean after class.
- Most studios ask you to remove shoes. Socks are fine if you need them at the start of class.
- Please do not walk on another student's mat.
- Please turn off cell phones, even in the waiting area.
- STAY for savasana. It is the most important pose of the practice and leaving early is disrespectful to yourself and to the teacher.